Wednesday 6 December 2017

DECEMBER'S DARK DAYS

We are now in the darkest days on the year.  It was not really light this morning until 8:30 am.



This past weekend I put candles in the windows and also on the porch (above).  Linda Brooks gave me a battery operated candle and I always think of her when I switch it on at this time of year.  Ilona, in Skye, mentioned to me recently that she too enjoys using a similar candle that she got from Linda on her visit here a few years ago.

Meanwhile here are a couple of late afternoon photos taken last week in clear weather.  
 The fading light looking south-west from the back garden.
My rose bush is still flourishing; these roses are on the side which graces my neighbour's garden, opposite her back door (where I am in and out for cups of tea).


No comments: