Friday 4 November 2016

WHAT MEN DO IN SHEDS

Sheds seem to be the 'in thing' these days.  I have known writer's huts, potting sheds and cottages (even!) called 'sheds' but nowadays things have been taken to a much higher level.

Take this fellow: Phil Sisson in his Glasgow shed making  Raindrops on Roses, a Belgian Wit style beer, brewed with rose petals. He has recently won a prize in which he stated "It is just fantastic to have been able to impress the judges with my own creation. I originally brewed the beer as a present for my wife's birthday and my daughter chose the musical-themed name, so it is a truly family affair."

[Source: http://www.thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/news.php]



This week an arrangement of poppies has been set up at the Milngavie centotaph. At first it was the large splash of red that caught my eye but on closer inspection I had a double-take; they were all knitted!



 And some of the contributors were ... a local 'Men's Shed'!








we







we





No comments: